In 2019, volunteers coordinated 28 cleanups and collected 303 kg of litter on 66 km of Canadian shoreline.
A leaderboard of past cleanups and how they compare to other years.
Last year’s 12 most collected items of litter.
All cleanups are big in our minds, but we like to show just how many people can get together for a good thing.
1. Centennial College with 10,000 participants
Toronto, Ontario - 11 shorelines across Toronto
2. A. Blair McPherson School with 811 participants
Edmonton, Alberta - Fulton Creek Marshland
3. Birchview Dunes Elementary School with 1,435 participants
Wasaga Beach, Ontario - Wasaga Beach Area
4. Netsilik School with 375 participants
Taloyoak, Nunavut - Stanners Harbour
5. YVR with 374 participants
Richmond, Colombie-Britannique - Iona Island Park/Beach
6. Ecole Inman Elementary School with 351 participants
Burnaby, Colombie-Britannique - Schoolyard Cleanup
7. West Point Grey Academy with 350 participants
Vancouver, Colombie-Britannique - Jericho Beach Park
8. Lakeside Public School with 341 participants
Ajax, Ontario - Ajax waterfront and Duffins marsh
9. Seaview Elementary with 280 participants
Lantzville, Colombie-Britannique - Sebastion Road Beach and Pebble Beach
Brampton, Ontario - Schoolyard Cleanup